Entering into a contract for insurance coverage via an insurance broker is usually much more advantageous than signing the policy directly with the insurer. An insurance broker represents the client in insurance matters. The broker negotiates with several or all insurers on the insurance market and he can present offers of multiple insurance companies, compare their conditions, administer insurance contracts, assist in the settlement of claims, or settle the claims himself, and perform a number of other activities to the benefit of the client.
The effective role of the insurance broker is reflected in the following areas:
- Risk analyses: What to insure and what not to insure, and why?
- The quality of negotiated insurance contracts
- Administration of the insurance plan throughout the insurance term
- Claims settlement
- The proper role of the insurance broker is crucial for the insurance plan and it has a direct impact on the quality of the insurance plan and the costs of the insurance – the price of the insurance policy and the amount of the insurance benefit. Using an insurance broker also saves a considerable amount of time that you would otherwise spend on all insurance matters without his assistance.
Please beware that there are notable differences in the quality of services and the possibilities of individual insurance brokers!
- Asociace Českých pojišťovacích makléřů,
nám. W. Churchilla2, 130 00 Praha 3, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.acpm.cz
- Komora pojišťovacích zprostředkovatelů,
Borská 2718/55, 301 00 Plzeň, e-mail: email@example.com, www.komorapz.cz
- Česká asociace mezinárodních pojišťovacích makléřů,
Na Rybníčku 5/1329, 120 00 Praha 2, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.campm.cz
- Česká komora samostatných likvidátorů pojistných událostí,
Helfertova 505/5, 613 00 Brno, e-mail: email@example.com, www.ckslpu.com
- BIPAR (European Federation of Insurance Intermediaries – Evropská federace pojišťovacích zprostředkovatelů),
Avenue Albert Elisabeth 40, Brussels, Belgium, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.bipar.eu
- WFII (World Federation od Insurance Intermediaries – Světová federace pojišťovacích zprostředkovatelů),
Avenue Albert Elisabeth 40, Brussels, Belgium, www.wfii.net