For Artists

Accident Insurance

It provides for situations where the insured person becomes unable to carry out a gainful activity and earn money following an accident or a situation where the family of the insured person needs to be secured financially after the insured person dies (following an accident). In the event of death, accident or serious illness, permanent consequences, and daily indemnities, a commercial insurance policy setting the coverage of individual risks can be negotiated. Coverage can also be arranged for a sickness during which the artist is not able to perform.

Life Insurace

Life insurance protects a person and his or her family from the financial consequences of fatal life situations. The most important categories are insurance against the risk of death, permanent disability insurance, and accidental death insurance. It is often linked with accident insurance.

Travel and Lugagge Insurance 

This type of insurance covers medical expenses incurred in the event of sickness or accident as well as luggage liability and insurance for trips abroad. You can take out a one-off insurance for a single trip or, if you go on trips repeatedly, arrange an annual contract without having to report the individual trips. Taking out travel insurance for a trip abroad is necessary, since the statutory health insurance does not cover the costs of transporting a patient back to the homeland or the repatriation of human remains, among other things. Outpatient treatment may require a cash payment, and the health insurance company will cover a treatment only if it is provided in a public health care facility, and the client will contribute the same amount as the local citizens. Another reason to take out this type of insurance lies in the possibility to use assistance services, which are invaluable in difficult situations.

It should be noted that travel insurance is designed for acute emergency cases only and does not replace preventive treatment, such as vaccination, etc.

Kidnap and Ransom Insurance

This type of insurance is usually included in travel insurance.

Lost Profit Insurance

It is usually part of life insurance. Lost profit insurance is basically an insurance against business interruption due to an illness or accident, and it is designed for freelancers and sole traders. This type of insurance covers lost profits and fixed expenses. It is taken out in case the insured person is not able to carry out his or her business activity due to an illness or injury, as a result of which his or her business is interrupted.


A dancer has ruptured his Achilles tendon, as a consequence of which he cannot perform.  However, he still has to pay fixed expenses, even though he has no income and keeps suffering further loss in the form of lost profits.

  • This type of insurance is offered, for instance, by Kooperativa pojišťovna, UNIQA pojišťovna, and ČP Zdraví.

Sickness Insurance

For Czech citizens, sickness insurance is a form of statutory insurance.

Health Insurance for Foreigners

The commercial health insurance of foreign nationals is compulsory for all foreigners from non-EU countries, as stipulated in Section 5 of Act No. 326/1999 Sb., On the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic, as amended. The basic health insurance of foreigners covers the costs of treatment in the event of a sudden illness or injury. It is a necessary condition for obtaining a visa.

This insurance can be extended to "Comprehensive Health Insurance of Foreigners", which includes vaccination and other preventive care.

Legal Expenses Insurance

This type of insurance is designed for private protection, covering assistance provided to solve disputes in everyday life (legal consultancy for private individuals) as well as for sole traders and businesses to cover business-related risks.

Vehicle Insurance

This includes both insurance of liability for damage caused to third parties by the operation of a vehicle, which is prescribed by law and is therefore compulsory, and accident insurance, which covers damage to the vehicle itself, including the option of supplementary accident insurance of persons in the vehicle.

Property Insurance

It covers damage to property, particularly to things used for gainful activity.

It is taken out to insure one’s own property against damage caused, for instance, by fire, flood or broken water pipes as well as by burglary or vandalism, including glass breakage.

Liability Insurance

It covers damage to life, health, property, and consequential financial loss of third parties. Liability insurance is taken out by entrepreneurs, legal entities (general liability) as well as individuals (private liability), employees (employee liability insurance against or damage caused to the employer).

General liability insurance

General liability insurance should be an inherent part of the insurance coverage of every business entity, whether a legal entity or an individual, and as such it ranks among the basic insurance products offered by an overwhelming majority of insurers in our market. Some insurers refer to it as to "business liability insurance" in order to draw a distinction from "citizen liability insurance", i.e. insurance of non-business persons, which is governed by other regulations.

1)Insured persons

The liability insurance usually applies to damage caused by:

  • the insured person (policyholder);
  • the authorised representative of the insured person (policyholder) and persons in charge of managing or supervising the insured business establishment;
  • the employees of the insured person (policyholder) during the performance of their work tasks.

It should be stressed at this point that the liability for damage caused by an employee or other person hired by an entrepreneur to fulfil his or her obligations towards a third person is always borne by the employer or entrepreneur, who can subsequently make a recourse claim.

2) Supplementary insurance

  • of liability for things taken over (another person's things have been taken over to carry out the ordered activity using these things) and liability for things in use (another person's things in use = things that have been leased, borrowed, etc.)