From the Czech Republic


A Czech artist travelling to a non-EU country should always inquire about the particular country’s requirements for entry into the country and stay in its territory, preferably at the country’s consulate in the Czech Republic.

The range of visa procedures and required documents is so broad that it impossible provide detailed advice or universal instructions here.  This also applies to visa extension and the possibility of granting of visas or “visas on arrival” at the border or at the airport of the host country.

General travel and security information is available on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic and Czech embassies and consulates in individual countries. The Czech Republic maintains diplomatic relations with numerous countries represented at the level of embassies and consulates, which you can contact. They often provide advice and information on conditions and fees relating to visa procedures on their websites.

The website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic also provides information on visa duties applicable to Czech citizens in individual countries.

Simplified conditions apply in the Member States of the European Economic Area (Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein), and in Switzerland with regard to their partnership with the EU.

Norway is part of the Schengen area. There is no registration requirement for stays of up to three months. For a stay longer than three months you need to register with the relevant state administration authority. Norway requires that a jobseeker without a job register himself or herself with the police as a jobseeker within three months after arrival. The same approach applies in Iceland and Liechtenstein. For a repeated stay in Liechtenstein exceeding the duration of six months within one year (two times three months interrupted for at least one month) or for the performance of gainful activities there it is necessary to apply for a visa/residence permit at the Swiss Embassy in Prague.

In Switzerland, it is possible to stay temporarily without a residence permit for a maximum of three months without having to register anywhere. If, however, a Czech citizen intends to stay in Switzerland for more than three months or to carry out gainful activities in Switzerland, he/she is obliged to apply for a residence permit with the relevant cantonal Migration Office in Switzerland.