Employee Posted by Employer

If the period of posting is shorter than 24 months and the artist is posted to another Member State of the EU or the EEA or to Switzerland, nothing will change for him or her provided that certain conditions are met. The employer in the Czech Republic will continue to pay the employee’s contributions to the Czech social security scheme, from which the employee will continue to be entitled to receive social security benefits and health care.

The posted employee needs a certificate of posting from the Czech Social Security Administration (ČSSZ) – the A1 Form. An application for the Certificate of Applicable Social Security Legislation is submitted for the employee by his/her employer to the local District Social Security Administration (OSSZ). The employee should take this form with himself or herself to the country of his/her temporary work to prove that he/she is registered in the social security scheme of the country in which he/she is in employment relationship, which is also where he/she is subject to health insurance.

While posted to another Member State you may get into a situation where you need medical treatment. You are entitled to receive medical treatment to the necessary extent under the same conditions as local citizens, including the level of the patient’s co-payment. This care will be provided at the expense of your health insurance company in the Czech Republic. To prove that you are insured in the Czech Republic you should submit the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or the Provisional Replacement Certificate. Since the care is only provided to the necessary extent, it is advisable to take out a travel medical insurance policy before your departure abroad.

Information on special situations of migrating employees is provided in the Guide for Migrating Persons.